Thursday, August 14, 2008

Moving and more

I told you a while ago that I had a lot of pictures that I wanted to share with you. Now that I have my internet up and running at home I can finally share them.

As you know, we moved into a new house about 4 weeks ago. While we were packing everything up at the old house, things got a little messy.
100_1027

100_1029

After a while it really started to drive me insane.
100_1030

We couldn't find anything.(notice the Baby Snoopy stuff... That's going to be in the nursery!)
100_1031

100_1032

100_1033



But I kept saying it was worth it since we were getting a new house that was all our own!! But then after we moved, I found that it was exactly the same. We had boxes everywhere. We couldn't find anything. It has gotten a little better in the two weeks since we moved in. We have our living room, kitchen, and bedroom completely unpacked. All the other boxes are in our 2 spare bedrooms.(pictures to come I promise...) We are slowly working on those. But you know the old saying... out of sight, out of mind. We will really be working to get one of the rooms cleaned out once we have our big ultrasound because we will start to work on the nursery.

We had a bunch of help moving into our house. During one of the breaks, my mother-in-law did what she calls her witchy woman trick. I had to lay down on the bed and she held a needle and thread over my belly.
100_1034

If the needle swings in a back and forth motion, then the baby is a boy. If it swings in a circular motion, the baby's a girl. Of course, everyone gathered around our bed to watch the voodoo work. Laura, my mother-in-law, made sure that the thread was perfectly still. Then she let go and waited for the thread to start swinging. It was swinging a little and then it completely stopped. Then it started swinging again.

No comments: