Monday, September 29, 2008

Vince Gill

Big John and I went to see Vince Gill Saturday night. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. It wasn't a full band. He just had a piano player, an upright bass player, a box player, and himself playing the guitar. No harmony singers, no fancy lights, no fancy anything. But still, one of the best shows I've ever seen. He is absolutely amazing!! His voice is so pure and smooth. In between songs, he talked about his inspiration was in writing each one. Sometimes it was a realyl sweet story and sometimes it was complete line of crap. But whatever the motivation, his songs are among my favorites in country music.

This song is one that I've always loved. I think it's my favorite Vince Gill song.

And this one always makes me cry. It came out not too long after my grandpa died when I was in the seventh grade. I remember the first time I heard it. I just dropped what I was doing, went and sat next to the radio and cried.

And here is Big John's favorite song by him. Really he said it was Kindly Keep It Country but I couldn't find that video.

Of course, I walked out of the house Saturday night and forgot my camera. So I have no pictures to show you. Which is probably good since our seats were in the nose bleed section. So I could've posted a picture of the stage and tried to convince you that the speck really was Vince Gill. Our seats weren't really that bad. We could still see the stage pretty good and we weren't cramped in like a bunch of sardines. So all in all, it was a really good show. If you ever have a chance to go and see him, do it. You won't be sorry!!

No comments: