Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update on me and Eli

I had my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday. After my excitement last week at labor and delivery, I was excited to go and ask lots of questions. I am measuring a week and a half ahead of where I actually am. The doctor said that if they went strictly by my ultrasound they would put my due date at 12/20 instead of 12/31. That means that little Eli is not so little. But he said that they aren't going to change my due date or anything. They will continue to measure me at every appt. and if I am still measuring ahead at 36-38 weeks they will do another ultrasound to see how big he is. If he is still bigger than average then I will probably be induced. But they won't induce me any earlier than a week before my due date, which is Christmas Eve. So let's hope either that Eli stops getting so big or they let me wait until the day after Christmas or even a few days before Christmas. I just don't want to be in the hospital over Christmas.

Eli's heartbeat was 160. I have actually gained 4 pounds since my August appt. So that puts my total weight loss down to 15 pounds instead of the 19 pounds it was last month. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. I will continue to do that until I am 36 weeks and then I will start going every week. I can't believe that it is going by so fast. Two weeks from today is the start of my third trimester!! Can you believe it??? I am still feeling pretty good. Besides being absolutely exhausted all the time. But I figure I'm six months pregnant. It's about time I start feeling kind of bad. I just wish I could actually sleep at night. I went to bed at 9pm last night. I took Tylenol PM (my new best friend) so that I could sleep better. I slept pretty good but I am still wiped out today. I guess I'll just have to get used to it since I'm pretty sure it's only going to get worse as the last 3 months go by. And then I'll be getting up for middle of the night feedings. So I guess this is just my body's way of getting me ready for what's to come.

No comments: