Thursday, July 10, 2008

One crazy week

Well, it's been a few days since I have been able to write anything and I'm sorry for that. My week has been absolutely insane!! First of all, My last doctor's appt. was a very eventful appt. The doctor came in and asked the normal questions and then said we were going to listen to the heartbeat. So he got the very cold gel out and put it all over my belly and used the Doppler to try and hear the heartbeat. He tried for about 5 minutes or so and said "OK I'm tired. Let's just do a quick ultrasound and make sure everything is ok." Of course I was so excited about that idea. So he left the room for about 20 minutes and then came back in with the most ancient looking piece of machinery I have ever seen. He said that we may not get a printed picture to take home because this machine was so old. But he fired it up, put some more of the cold stuff on my belly and found the baby right away.

It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen!! Here was my tiny little baby moving around like crazy!! It even stopped to wave at us once. I just layed there and cried!! Big John got to see a lot more of it than I did because of how the screen was facing but I still got to see our little baby. The doctor printed out a picture for each one of us to have.



Introducing.... Baby E!!!! We still don't know if it's a boy or a girl. We won't know that until the end of August. So right now it's baby E because either way the name will start with an E.

Ok that's all the really happy news...

This past Sunday my grandma passed away. She was a month shy of her 96th birthday. She has had a long and happy life. My grandpa passed away last Dec. and she has been ready to go ever since then. So it is not really that sad of a time for my family. She was miserable and incredibly lonely without her husband. They had been married for more than 60 years so I can't even imagine what it was like for her to not have him around anymore. I am going to write more about them in the coming weeks. I would love to tell their story for you all. So stay tuned!!!

No comments: