Friday, June 6, 2008

Things that BUG me!

We got the pest inspection for our house back today. We have no bugs!!! That's a really good thing. The house we are in now has a huge ant problem around this time every year. It doesn't matter how clean we keep things. We don't leave food sitting around and they still infest everything!! Last year it was awful!! We had poison out everywhere and it didn't even touch the stinking things. I hate creepy crawly things in my house. If they are outside, they don't bother me as much. But I HATE them in my house. They got braver as the summer went on. They got to the point that they would crawl up the legs of our TV trays as we were eating dinner. Luckily, this year hasn't been bad. We started to see them but then they just disappeared. Even if they came back now, I think I could handle them knowing that we aren't going to be in this house very much longer.

And now allow me to vent a little bit. Why? Because I am pregnant and this is my blog!! So I am entitled to vent every now and then.

When we first started trying to get pregnant, we made the mistake of telling people that we were trying. When did it become acceptable to ask people about the most personal aspects of their lives every time you see them??? We were on a bowling league and there was a few people that knew. There were 2 in particular that were very insensitive and asked me about our "progress" quite often. It got to the point that I dreaded going to the bowling alley because I knew that the questions were waiting for me. And these people didn't take polite hints to back off. In fact, it took me getting up and walking away from one girl and Big John told her that it wasn't appropriate to ask me about it and to please not bring it up again. As soon as I came back to the table, she proceeded to give me advice on how to relax and just stop stressing about it. I could have decked her!!

Now there was this little old lady that would constantly ask "Are you pregnant yet?" I would always say no. I didn't want to be mean to her because I was taught to respect my elders. But I wanted to deck her too. Toward the end of bowling season is when we found out that we are expecting. So at our end of the year banquet we told people that I wouldn't be returning to the league next year and why. So this lady knows that I am pregnant.

Last night, we were at the first round of the Colgate Country Showdown and this little old lady was there. The first thing she said to me was "Are you still pregnant?" I was shocked speechless and for those of you that know me you know that rarely happens. I couldn't believe she would ask such a question. What would she have said if I said no we lost the baby recently. Thanks for bringing it up. She would've felt like the biggest piece of crap. Or maybe it wouldn't have fazed her. Who knows. I wish I would've spoken up and told her what an insensitive question it was. But I was just in shock that someone would be so stupid to ask something like that. Ask me how I am doing not if I am still pregnant.

Maybe I am just hormonal but I'm really irritated about all of this. So please, if you know someone that is pregnant, think before you speak to them. Make sure that you are prepared to get an answer that you weren't looking for before you ask them about things. Or you might just end up with a pregnant woman's fist smashed upside your head. I think that's what I'm going to start doing when people are insensitive. At least I can blame it on being hormonal!

No comments: