Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dreams

I had the most vivid dream last night that I have ever had. I dreamed that Big John and I were bringing our baby home from the hospital. I strapped the baby in and climbed in the backseat. Big John got in the front seat and looked back at us and smiled. I looked down at our baby and said "Look at our daughter. Isn't she precious?" And then I woke up. They say that if you dream about the sex of the baby it usually comes true. I have a friend that is pregnant with her second baby and has correctly dreamed the sex of the baby both times. I am not sure if I believe all that or not. They also say that if your baby's heartbeat is over 160 beats per minute it's a girl and under is a boy. Ours was 179 beats per minute. So if you go by that and by my dream then we are having a girl. So I can confidently say that I am 50% sure that it's a girl...

What do you all think? Do you put much stock in your dreams? How many of you have correctly dreamed the sex of your baby??

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey lady! My first comment on your new blog. Yeah!!! I don't remember dreaming the sex of my children, but I did feel very stongly that I was having a girl with Hannah and a boy with Luke. I even bought tons of little girl clothes before Hannah was even born. I do remember having very vivid and CRAZY dreams while pregnant, and I have a friend who had horrible nightmares. Your comment about being 50% sure it's a girl gave me a good laugh for the day.

Anonymous said...

My daughter's heart rate was 169 at 8 weeks. It then dropped and stayed at 140-145 the rest of the pregnancy. I thought for sure I was having a boy because of the heart rate and because everyone told me I would. But, as we found out at the ultrasound, we were having a little girl.