Friday, October 24, 2008

Doctor's appt. Update

I had another check up on Tuesday. It gets kind of tedious going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. But at least I get to listen to Eli's heartbeat at every appointment. Since October 7th I have gained 1 pound. But I have lost 14 pounds total this pregnancy. Last Friday night I found out that I can still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans buttoned and zipped at 7 1/2 months pregnant. I think that's pretty incredible!! Eli's heartbeat was 146 just like it has been. I should be measuring between 30 and 32 fundal height. I am measuring right at 34 1/2. So what that translates into is that Eli is bigger than he should be at this point. So the doctor said that at my 36 week check up we will have an ultrasound. If he is still measuring big then we will have some decisions to make. We can induce labor but if we do it before 39 weeks they will have to do an amniocentesis to make sure his lungs are functioning properly. If I am still pregnant at 39 weeks, which is Christmas Eve, then they will induce at that time. However, if I go into labor on my own anytime after 36 weeks they won't do anything to stop it. Big John and I talked about it and we have decided that we won't induce early. There are too many risks involved with the amnio. Plus, it's a HUGE needle and I don't do needles very well.

I asked the doctor about an old wives tale I've always heard about more babies being born during a full moon. He said that it is definitely true. It has something to do with the moons effect on the pull of gravity that makes women's water break. So I looked at the calendar. There is a full moon on December 12th. I will be 37 weeks 2 days at that time. So that is my goal date for delivery. I know it doesn't work like that but I can hope right???

Monday evening I had my maternity portraits taken by a good friend of mine. It was so much fun and the pictures turned out great! Here are just a few of the many that she took for us!





















You can click on the link for my FLICKR page over on the right side to see the rest of the pictures.

We are having a 3d/4d ultrasound done tomorrow! I am so excited I can hardly sit still!! I will be sure to post the pictures of that asap. We will be able to see what Eli is going to look like once he is born!!!

No comments: