Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We have a plan...

Ok so here is our plan. Friday at 1:30 we are going to the doctor's office to have an amniocentesis done to make sure Eli's lungs are developed and ready for him to breathe. We'll get the results on Monday morning and if everything is ok we will check into the hospital Monday evening at 5pm to start my induction. I am so excited and anxious and happy and nervous at the same time. I just love the fact that we know when he's going to be here now. Unless he decides to come on his own sometime before Monday. But I doubt that.

Yesterday at my appt. I was a fingertip dilated and 30% effaced. So I have made a little progress since last week but not much. I also found out I am Group B Strep positive. Group B Strep is a bacteria that naturally occurs in 1 out of 5 women. It is harmless in adults but could be harmful in a baby. If the baby were to get the bacteria during the birth he could develop menengitis. So to avoid that, I will have antibiotics through an IV during labor and delivery.

So that is our update for now. Hopefully, the next time I write a post it will be about our birth story and pictures of Eli!!!!!


Anonymous said...

Wishing you a safe and healthy delivery. You will soon have a miracle for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking for an update each day. Hope all is well.