Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not so patiently waiting...

My doctor's appointment isn't until 4:15 today. I seriously feel like I have already been at work for 8 hours. I hate how when you are looking forward to something it makes the day go by so slowly! I have a feeling this will be one of the longest days in my life!! I just want to go to the doctor and find out what our plan is. I am hoping that they schedule the amniocentesis for tomorrow or Thursday and then schedule my induction for sometime in the next week.

I have been having some contractions off and on. Nothing regular enough to go to the hospital or anything. But enough to make me think that maybe today I will have some progress as far as dilation goes. At least I hope I have...

I hate not knowing what is going on with my body! I hate waiting for each doctor's appt. But at the same time, it's so exciting when we do go to the doctor because I know it's getting so close and Eli will be here before we know it!

There are nights that I go into his nursery and just sit and look around. I wonder what he's going to look like. I wonder if he will look more like Big John or me. I wonder if he will sleep good for us. I wonder what his personality will be like. I wonder what he will be like while he's growing up. I wonder about the man that he will grow up to be. I just sit and rub my big ol belly and talk to him and tell him how much I already love him and how ready I am to meet him! And then I tell him that if he doesn't choose to come out on his own within the next week I am going to evict him! Aren't I a nice mommy???

I will update after our doctor's appointment today. It seems like it's still hours and hours away. But really I only have 6 more hours to go... And only 5 more hours until I leave work for the day!! I hope it goes by quickly for me!!!

No comments: