Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day



You gave for peace with courage
That families may be free
So children could grow strong
And safe they'd ever be.

In giving for the sake of peace
You may have suffered loss
Your body may still show its wounds
From taking up the cause.

May remembrance of your time away
Your sacrifice for peace
Spur us on to strive more strongly
For freedom, that there will be release.

From causes that sent some away
To fight that we may freely live
With gratefulness we thank you, veterans
For all you gave and give!"

I know that there is a lot of things in today's society that we complain about. And there are even more things that we don't agree with. But even if you don't agree with the decisions that have been made please thank a veteran today. Without them, we would have a lot more to complain about and probably wouldn't have the freedom to do so. So let's put aside our differences and go out of our way to thank a veteran today.

Also, I would like to extend a special thank you of my own. My dad served our country in the Vietnam war. I would like to say a special thanks to him. He is proud of his time served and I am proud of him for it. He's one of my hero's and I admire him for everything he does and everything he has done. Thanks Dad for your service for our country! I love you!

No comments: