Thursday, September 30, 2010

Playing Rough

Eli is having a little problem at daycare. He has been playing with the babies, which is ok but, he’s been playing a little rough. And by a little rough, I mean he’s been laying on them, choking them, and hitting them. He’s never been around babies before. I’m at a loss. I have no idea how to teach him not to do those things. I tell him every day that he needs to be nice to the babies and not lay on them or hit them. I know he’s not meaning to hurt them. He just wants to play. But he likes to play a little rough sometime. Case in point…



Big John has a black eye courtesy of Eli. They were playing on the bed the other night. Eli was hiding from mommy under the covers. He would come out and yell for me to come back there and find him and then throw his head back under the covers. Well, the last time he did it, instead of throwing his head under the covers, he threw it right into Big John’s eye socket. All I heard was Eli yell “MOMMY!” And then Big John yell “GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!” So I ran back there to see Big John holding his eye and moaning. Eli was almost crying because he didn’t know what was going on. So I scooped Eli up and took him in the other room to give Big John time to stop seeing little stars flying around his head. He said it almost knocked him out. This is his second black eye courtesy of Eli. I’ve been lucky so far and have been able to avoid getting one.

So do any of you have any ideas how we can teach Eli to be nice to the babies? His daycare ladies are disciplining him when it happens. But they can’t do much. They can’t spank him or smack his hand. They can just tell him no and out him in time out if they want to. Well, that doesn’t always work with Eli. So, please help me figure this one out.

No comments: