Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!!!!!

I am not dead… I did not fall of the face of the earth… I did not run off and join the circus (although I thought about it a few times.)

So what happened to me, you ask? Well, the only answer I can give is life. Life happened. A job was lost. I became a stay at home mom for 10 months. It was 10 long, short, blissful, frustrating, happy, sad, maddening, humbling months. Eli has changed so much and as a result, so have I. I have so much admiration for women that are stay at home moms now. I did it for only 10 months. Those of you that do it for your child’s entire childhood deserve some recognition. Too many people don’t realize how hard it is to be a mom day in and day out with no break, no time for yourself, and no help. Heck, I couldn’t even pee by myself. But on the plus side of that, Eli now knows how to use toilet paper.

Eli is now 20 months old going on 14. He has an attitude (which Big John says he gets from me. I still am not convinced…). He is a little dare devil. He likes to fling himself off of various pieces of furniture and then laugh when I freak out. He usually has to do things all by himself. But when he gets frustrated with trying to do something, he will let me and everyone in the neighborhood know about it. He is very smart and picks up on things so quickly. Some things we wish he wouldn’t pick up on… But for the most part we are so proud of everything he has learned. I did Mommy School with him almost every day. We would work on a different skill and read lots of books. He loves to read which excites me so much as I am an avid reader also.

He loves to swim. My parents have a pool and he was in it quite a few times this summer. The last time he was in it he was swimming by himself using just arm floaties!! He is going to be a little fish just like his daddy is.

Well, I promise it won’t be so long in between posts from now on. I will post some more recent pictures of Eli soon also.

No comments: