Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OH MY GOODNESS!!

















HAHA!! Fooled you!! This is from one year ago! Scared you didn't I?


One year ago today Big John and I got the news that would change our lives forever! We found out that Eli was coming. I can't describe that moment to you in words. We had been trying to get pregnant for 20 months. And FINALLY it had happened. We kept it a secret between us for a few days. It was a lot of fun knowing that we had this big news and we were the only ones that knew it. Afterward, a lot of people couldn't believe that we kept it to ourselves for 4 days. I talked to my mom everyday on the phone and never once hinted around about it.

The last year has been a whirlwind of emotions for us. We were extremely happy, scared, loving, scared, excited, scared, and did I mention that we were scared?

But it was all worth it. The long months of trying, the long nine months of being pregnant and preparing for everything. The 3 extremely long days of labor. (yes I said 3 days!) Every moment of waking up through the night. Every moment of not knowing what we are doing and trying everything until we get it right. Every tear shed, every frustration, every angry moment. I thank God for every one of them. Because it means at the end of the day I get to come home to this!!

2 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

awww - it's been a year. I can't believe it.

jenn said...

that was not cool to see that pic. my mouth just dropped open. that would b awsome but to soon.

jenn