Thursday, February 12, 2009

Survivor's back!!!

Let me tell you how sad our lives have become. The highlight of my week is that fact that Survivor premiers tonight. We are Survivor junkies!! Let me explain just how addicted we are. A few years ago I was in a car wreck. My car was totalled and I needed to go to the ER to be checked out. I didn't want to go by ambulance so Big John just drove me there. It was on the night that Survivor premiered and we knew we would never make it home in time. So I suggested that on the way from the wreck to the hospital we make a little detour and stop at home to make sure the DVR was set to record it. How sad are we!!!! Everyone knows not to call us on Thursday nights between 8 and 9 unless someone is dying. And even then, it's iffy on getting us to answer the phone. I am just so psyched that it is finally back on!!! We are also American Idol junkies. Really, there are a lot of reality shows that we watch. We have our tv schedule set. Are you like that too? We have certain shows that we watch every night through the week. We now have our DVR set up to record all of them just in case something happens and we aren't able to watch them. I know... we need help. :standing up: Hello, I'm Big John's Girl and I am addicted to my TV shows!

Big John is sick today. We both started feeling like we were getting colds the other day. Mine hasn't gotten much worse but Big John is feeling pretty crummy today. He is running a fever and has a sore throat. So instead of him picking Eli up from daycare like normal he is going to go home and sleep all day. I will be picking Eli up this afternoon after I get off of work. I am really looking forward to it. I just want to see for myself what all is going on while he is there.

I am getting back in to the routine of working a lot easier than I thought I would. I can't wait until 4:30 everyday so I can rush home and see Eli. That is the highlight of my day now. Walking through the front door and seeing Eli smile at me! It melts my heart! He has his first Valentines day this week and I know for a fact that he is getting a Valentine from at least one little girl at his daycare. How cute is that!!!

No comments: